CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sweet Pea baby card

This card was made with my Imagine & Cricut Craft Room.




The patterned paper,  Sweet Pea tag and all flood filled colors are from Nursery Tails. I flood-filled a 5.5 X 4.5 rectangle with the patterned image and then cut it down to 4 X 5. This was glued on to the front of a pink 4.5 x 5.5 card.

 The tag is cut at 2". To get the layering, I placed 2 of the tags on the mat. Using the edit feature, I separated them into layers. On one of the tags, I deleted the green oval and the bunny. After that I re-combined the remaining layers. The other tag I cut out all the pieces and discarded all but the bunny and green oval as for some reason I couldn't get the bunny to cut out right if I didn't. Glue the "sweet pea" oval on top of the green oval and attach bunny with a pop dot. I put a little bit of icicle stickles on the butterflies and center of the flowers.
 
"For Your" was done with the font from Elegant Cakes cut at 2". I welded the shadow and filled it with a brown . I also cut the shadow out of chipboard. "For" was filled with a green and ""Your" was filled with a pink . The shadow layer was glued onto the chipboard and the "For " and "Yours" on top of that.

For the single butterfly, I used Kates ABC's. It was cut at 1" I cut 1 body and 2 wings. The body was filled with brown and the wings with peach. I glued 1 wing on to the body and used a pop dot the attach the other. The wing on top was outlined with icicle stickles and I also put a little on the body.

The green strip is a shadows layer from Elegant edges. I took 2 images cut at .75 x 4.25, welded them together and filled it with green. I then ran it through my cuttlebug using swiss dots. It was cut to match the size of the patterned paper

For the bow I used a 1" white organza ribbon and used a glue gun to attach it.

If you would like the CCR file, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment